Your new head coach is...
Brad Childress. Following in the foot steps of Norm Van Broklin, Bud Grant, Les Steckel, Jerry Burns, Denny Green and Mike Tice. Hopefully Brad bwill be more like Bud and nothing like Les. I really don't know a lot about Coach Childress so I'm not sure how I feel about it. He's coming from Andy Reid's organization which is a good thing. He didn't make the play calls as OC in Philly which is a bad thing. I guess I'll know next year around this time how I feel about him. A lot will depend on if the money I send the Vikings for playoff tickets will really be for playoff tickets or just turn into a payment on my season tickets.
Well, my poker lessons started last night. What I have learned so far is, well I suck. Ok, it's not that bad but I do need a lot of work on my mid/short stack play. This is of extreme importance in tournaments with only 1500 TC where you are not in real deep money for long. I can play a short stack fine (10x BB or less) since you really only have one decision at that point anyway. My problem comes with not wanting to "gamble" a large percentage of my stack without a decent hand. Anyway, the bal is rolling now and hopefully I will be a force to be dealt with!
Well, my poker lessons started last night. What I have learned so far is, well I suck. Ok, it's not that bad but I do need a lot of work on my mid/short stack play. This is of extreme importance in tournaments with only 1500 TC where you are not in real deep money for long. I can play a short stack fine (10x BB or less) since you really only have one decision at that point anyway. My problem comes with not wanting to "gamble" a large percentage of my stack without a decent hand. Anyway, the bal is rolling now and hopefully I will be a force to be dealt with!


5 Comments:
Where are you taking your lessons? PSO, or?
Lesson's are at PSO for the most part but playing real money tournies are different than the PSO tournies so we'll be using those for shadowing/comments, etc. I can play fine in the PSO deep money tournies but I want to concentrate on the real money both live and online so it's better for observation to do a real money tourney and work on stuff at PSO.
I hear ya.
I think I worded my question, incorrectly. Are you working through a mentor program? Lessons someone has given you? Are you working with others, as I caught the pronoun 'we?'
sorry, I misread your question. The lessons are private one on one mentoring. They are through a friend here local in Minnesota who happens to also be a PSO member. He's been know by many names, my favorite being "Big Lick" :)
Very nice!!!! I'm sure Big Lick will keep you in line & offer excellent tutelage! :D In fact, I know so! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home