Thursday, October 13, 2005

Live Events

I played two more live events this past weekend bringing my total to a whopping three! I played Sunday's $300 +30 NLHE tourney. I busted out before the first break. I had one hand that hurt my stack when my ppA got cracked by a flopped set of Queens. A worse player probably goes broke on this hand and a better player perhaps loses less. I made a crying call on the end when my foe bet about 1/2 pot. I thought I was beat and the good thing is that my read was correct. I got what I would consider an action flop of KQx. I couldn't put my foe on KQ due to his raise and my reraise preflop. Something told me I was beat though. More live events will develop and hone these types of skills though. Its good to know that I had some sort of read, now I just have to decipher the good reads from the bad reads.

Then I played the Canterbury $200+25 on Monday. I was up all night Sunday fixing servers so I was able to play this event. I was however pretty tired since I got about 3 hours of random sleep Sunday night. My first table was a good table and I was pretty comfortable with it and was playing good. Except for the hand that I paid off fellow PSOer, Debonair, when he hit his flush on the turn. Luckily for me the board had paired so he backed off and it didn't cost me as much as it should have. In my tiredness, I honestly didn't see the flush on the board until we turned over the cards! Shortly after they busted our table and I got moved to another decent table. I doubled up there and got to about 20x BB. Then the break came and my fairly comfortable/getting shortstack all of a sudden turned into a shortstack when they doubled the blinds and I was stuck at 10x bb. I doubled up again and got a table move. In a matter of 20 minutes I busted out when both my pp9 and ppJ ran into ppA. On the first hand the kid on my right was talking the whole time on how he was bored and wanted to leave. He announced that he was going all-in on the next hand no matter what. I of course think he's got a hand well it gets folded to him in the sb and of course he moves in. I've got him outchipped about 2:1 and look down at pp9s so I call, he turns over the Aces, yay. A short while later I'm in the sb with ppJs and an early position raises min and someone else makes it 1k to go. I have 1175 total so I go all-in for the rest and get called by the late position guy who also has Aces. After playing a good tournament, I'm done at about 270 out of 600. I felt good about my play in this one and I think it bodes well for future events.

It was a fun weekend meeting a lot of fellow PSOers and look forward to other events where I can put some faces to sceen names.

1 Comments:

Blogger jason said...

Shallow money kinda sucks. You just gotta find hands and go with them, and hope you either a) don't run into monsters or b) come from way behind.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home