Mead
Well on Sunday I brewed my first batch of mead! Someone brought some to a tailgate a few years agoa and I've been meaning to brew some since. For those of you that are wondering what mead is, the easiest explanation is "honey wine". For a more thorough explantion go to http://www.gotmead.com , http://www.brewboard.com; and http://forum.northernbrewer.com. I didn't do any fancy recipe, I just bought Northern Brewer's Sweat Mead Kit . Everything looks real nice in it right now and I'll try and get some pics up of it in the carboy. Its a nice golden yellow right now bubbling every 2 seconds or so. Even though from what I have been reading, mead should be allowed to age for a year or more it should be drinkable in time for my roadtrip to Detroit the first weekend of February (read SuperBowl). It is so nice having a quality brew shop so close!!
Speaking of tailgating, I have no idea where we are going to tailgate at this year. The Rapid Park Lot while being a nice big lot is too far away from the B.I.T. (Big Inflatable Toilet), also know as the Metrodome. Talking with my fellow tailgator's we are thinking of using one of the back lots by the Liquor Depot. We'd have to get there early to get a spot but considering my normal start time is around 6:15 anyway I don't forsee that being an issue!
I got my first comment a few days ago! Somehow CoD found my blog. I suppose this means I have to make a concerted effort to update this at least every few days. I've been better lately and may send an email out to some friends letting them know about this. Until now I haven't really told anyone since I wanted to see how it went first.
Speaking of tailgating, I have no idea where we are going to tailgate at this year. The Rapid Park Lot while being a nice big lot is too far away from the B.I.T. (Big Inflatable Toilet), also know as the Metrodome. Talking with my fellow tailgator's we are thinking of using one of the back lots by the Liquor Depot. We'd have to get there early to get a spot but considering my normal start time is around 6:15 anyway I don't forsee that being an issue!
I got my first comment a few days ago! Somehow CoD found my blog. I suppose this means I have to make a concerted effort to update this at least every few days. I've been better lately and may send an email out to some friends letting them know about this. Until now I haven't really told anyone since I wanted to see how it went first.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home