Donkey
Well I have been playing like a donkey lately and I don't know why. I think it might have something to do with post mentor program burnout. The wife got up Sunday to go in and do her Naval Reserve drill so I decided to play the Sunday 7 AM tournament since I was awake. I should have stayed in bed. I wasn't fully awake and played plain and simply terrible. I was playing like some overagressive calling station. bah! Other than that I didn't really play much over the weekend to try and take a little break and get refocused. I've noticed when I've been playing lately that I'm not really paying much attention and I'm just going through the motions. Last night I played the 10 PM PSOC event and played much better. I didn't make any spectacular plays but didn't do anything stupid either. Got all my money in against a big stack when I was starting to get short and busted. A big stack had been raising with pretty much any paint and raised my BB when I had A8. Figured I was good so I pushed all-in hoping for a fold but I really didn't have much folding equity with my reraise so the call was expected. He turned over K6o to my A8. I hit an 8 but of course he rivered a straight. It happens. I made the right read and play but got sucked out on. I'd make the same play again. I just need to stay more focused and stick to my game and I will be fine.
Vikes are in training camp! Yay! Hopefully I can get down to watch one of these days.
Skol!
Vikes are in training camp! Yay! Hopefully I can get down to watch one of these days.
Skol!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home