Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tired

As usual when I try this sort of stuff I haven't updated in over a month. This doesn't bode well as I just started. I ended up bubbling in the Big One Live Tour final which sucked. I doubled Clay http://www.clayftknight.com again. I didn't need to win the hand, yet I played it and lost anyway. Lesson learned I guess.

Aaron's mentoring program is going well. I haven't had the time to do as much as I would like with summer being here and all but it has definitly helped me out. I'll probably take some private lessons from him down the line. After we finish up in the next couple of weeks I'm just going to play some poker. It will be nice to not have to do any lessons!

I finally opened an account at Full Tilt. I highly recommend this site for anyone looking for a place to play. The SnG structures are nice. You start out with 1500 and the blinds go up slowly so you can actually play poker. And there is actually some post-flop play involved. Its quite a novel concept that other sites should look at employing. I don't know if I like their interface or graphics but that's just the covering so I can deal with it.

I won the 10:00 P.M. NLHE PSOC last night. I haven't done too well in these since I usually am doing lessons while playing them and not playing to win. Funny thing is that for the first 70 hands or so I was doing a lesson. Once I got to that point I was able to play how I wanted. Through some really good reads and aggressive play during the lesson I had built a stack. I carried that momentum with me and controlled my table for a long while. Then I ran into a couple of raises where I either had to call with the mediocre cards I was stealing with due to odds or lay down the hand to an all-in. We got down to three players with the chipleader having an almost 5:1 lead on both me and the guy in third place. I played some good poker and when it got down to heads up I started out by winning as many small pots as I could. Then the defining hand of the HU I got dealt ppT. I raised, the big stack reraised me, so I pushed and he called, turning over K8d. He hit an 8 on the flop but nothing else and now I was in the chip lead and never relented. I let a few hands go here and there as I didn't want him to win any big pots, only small ones if he was going to win anything. I was happy with how I played outside of a few things. The only problem is that I got to bed around 1:45 AM and couldn't fall asleep until sometime after 2:30 The alarm clock didn't have much sympathy for me though and went off at 5:20 to wake up my wife right on time.

Well, here's hoping you flop the nuts and that I will have more consistent posts!

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home