The Beginning
Well inspired by THEOSU's blog (http://theosu.blogspot.com/) I have decided to start my own to mostly detail my progress in NLHE. I'm not as good a player as Jason so my posts probably won't have the in depth analysis or reflection that he has. I will try and detail how lessons, play and experiments that I am doing are going. As things come up in the world of football I will post some thoughts on that as well.
Right now I am taking a mentoring course at PokerSchoolOnline.com. The class is taught by PSO member/mentor "thehazyone" or "monkeyboy" as he is known in some circles. TH1 is a good poker player and I have always liked his play when I first joined PSO. I have done some of his older lessons by myself in the past and am looking forward to what I can learn. We are already in the 4th week of the 12 week program. I have to keep reminding myself that while I am doing some of these lessons in a tournament that I am doing a lesson and not playing to win. Its difficult at times to make a play you wouldn't normally make because the lesson says so. But thats what you have to do to learn. Last night there were 41 people left in the two day tournament that had about 120 starting. I got dealt ppK UTG+1 and according to the lesson I had to limp with the blinds at 500/1000 and me sitting at about 15k at the time. It gets folded around to the BB who checks. Flop comes down J6x and the BB bets out small, I reraise all-in thinking I have the best hand but the BB calls and shows his J6o and I bust. Maybe my reraise wasn't the best but this is what happens when the blinds get to see the flop for free or cheap. If I wasn't doing a lesson, I don't limp in this situation normally. Ideally someone raises me preflop with my limp and I get to come over the top but that didn't happen. Oh well, learning right?
Right now I am taking a mentoring course at PokerSchoolOnline.com. The class is taught by PSO member/mentor "thehazyone" or "monkeyboy" as he is known in some circles. TH1 is a good poker player and I have always liked his play when I first joined PSO. I have done some of his older lessons by myself in the past and am looking forward to what I can learn. We are already in the 4th week of the 12 week program. I have to keep reminding myself that while I am doing some of these lessons in a tournament that I am doing a lesson and not playing to win. Its difficult at times to make a play you wouldn't normally make because the lesson says so. But thats what you have to do to learn. Last night there were 41 people left in the two day tournament that had about 120 starting. I got dealt ppK UTG+1 and according to the lesson I had to limp with the blinds at 500/1000 and me sitting at about 15k at the time. It gets folded around to the BB who checks. Flop comes down J6x and the BB bets out small, I reraise all-in thinking I have the best hand but the BB calls and shows his J6o and I bust. Maybe my reraise wasn't the best but this is what happens when the blinds get to see the flop for free or cheap. If I wasn't doing a lesson, I don't limp in this situation normally. Ideally someone raises me preflop with my limp and I get to come over the top but that didn't happen. Oh well, learning right?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home