St. Cloud
Some friends of mine had some people up to St. Cloud over the weekend for a day of fun and poker. I had a blast. I got to go waterskiing which I haven't been able to do for about 3 years! I decided to take the easy way out and got up on two ski's then dropped one. I went for a ways before I fell. I decided to try and get up on one ski and I was able to! Went for a while then fell again. I decided to call it quits then. I wanted to ski again later and didn't want to tire myself out by trying to get up on one again. After an hour or two I went out again, dropped a ski and didn't fall. The form isn't what it used to be and I can't lay out with one arm like I did when I was younger and weighed less! After waterskiing and tubing we all played some volleyball then we ate very well! About 8 PM we finally started the poker game which I played horribly. That didn't matter to me since it was a good game with good friends and whether I won or not didn't matter since I already considered the day a success! The game finally got over around 3 AM with the top 3 finishers chopping.
Erasmus James finally signed a contract. He most likely has hurt any chance of playing even in the nickel package with his holdout but as I Tice said, if he comes in and gets 5 sacks, all is forgiven. I hope he can come in and make an immediate contribution to the team as I don't think Troy Williamson will. The more I see and hear about him the more concerned I am with Troy being picked at #7. I think he will work out eventually but his contribution this year will be minimal. I also don't think he will develop into a superstar but will be a good receiver down the road. Who knows, everything coming out of camp is all spin right now anyway. Anything coming from Tice's mouth is a way to test or motivate certain players. I doubt that Keith Newman is actually challenging Napolean Harris for the starting job. Hell, at least I hope not. Newman is a good backup but unless I have been seeing something different, he's not a starter. A note on our LB's, I really hope that EJ can someday get the mental aspect down to use his physical abilities. EJ has the physical skills, imo, to be a very good linebacker.
Check out Cheer or Die's blog. He was down in Mankato yesterday for training camp and has some nice photos for your downloading pleasure.
Erasmus James finally signed a contract. He most likely has hurt any chance of playing even in the nickel package with his holdout but as I Tice said, if he comes in and gets 5 sacks, all is forgiven. I hope he can come in and make an immediate contribution to the team as I don't think Troy Williamson will. The more I see and hear about him the more concerned I am with Troy being picked at #7. I think he will work out eventually but his contribution this year will be minimal. I also don't think he will develop into a superstar but will be a good receiver down the road. Who knows, everything coming out of camp is all spin right now anyway. Anything coming from Tice's mouth is a way to test or motivate certain players. I doubt that Keith Newman is actually challenging Napolean Harris for the starting job. Hell, at least I hope not. Newman is a good backup but unless I have been seeing something different, he's not a starter. A note on our LB's, I really hope that EJ can someday get the mental aspect down to use his physical abilities. EJ has the physical skills, imo, to be a very good linebacker.
Check out Cheer or Die's blog. He was down in Mankato yesterday for training camp and has some nice photos for your downloading pleasure.


1 Comments:
You post almost as often as I do!
Post a Comment
<< Home