Friday Blog Dump
Well after getting a comment that I never post, I decided I should. Jason over at http://theosu.blogspot.com was kind enough to point out that I post about as often as he does. Thanks for the heads up! The sad part is I have a reminder every day to do it but am too lazy to write something. There is plenty to write between the NFL starting back up, my Vikings playing terrible, a new Viking stadium proposal and my ongoing poker quest!
Vikings Stadium - build the dang thing! There been enough said everywhere else so I'm not going into some long post but just build the dang thing. hard not to start ranting about politics and the mindset in Minnesota but build the dang thing!!
Minnesota Vikings 1-3 Thank God its a bye week and we can't lose. We brought in two "consultants" which I think will be pointless. Its another sign that Tice can't stick to his plan. His ability to waver on his decisions sends the message to the team that he doesn't believe in what he is doing so niether do they. Injuries abound but this is the NFL and the Vikes have to deal with it. Udeze is gone for the season but I think Erasmus James will step up fine. He'll suffer some rookie problems but will do fine. Culpepper will come back to form eventually but how long it will take I do not know. I'm also one of the few people that would rather see Michael Bennet in there instead of Moore. Well, there's my quick summation of my thoughts so far. Check back when we win the division with a 8-8 record....
Poker - Well, my online game has been just ok. Making some better reads and good plays but not getting the results I want. That will turn around so I'm not concerned from that angle. What concerns me with my online play is that I seem to not care. I play a little more recklessly and I have to force myself to concentrate and play better. I see this mostly when I am playing at PSO so its no monetary loss but I don't want it to bleed over to my real money accounts. I think part of it is all the lessons and play I have done in the last year and I may be a little burned out on PSO. I have taken some mini-breaks but that seems to only help for a short while. I guess I should set some short term goals for PSO like winning a monthly league or something. That would give me something to shoot for. It will also help put my ego in check. Goals are a good thing. Goals not written down are just dreams though. Nice cliche huh?
My live game is working pretty good right now. I'm playin in the mnpokerleague (http://www.mnpokerleague.com) at Jimmy's Bar and am in the top 20% for our location right now. The scores for our location are screwed up as it is only showing 238 points for week 2 and I should have 268 or more from what I understand. Its also not showing points for week 4 for me. I shoudl have 71 there. Oh well, I bubbled the first week, won week 2, busted early week 3 and got into the money(points) on week four. I was playing good week four but my AK ran into a flopped set of fours on an A4x board when the chip leader bet out min and my stack couldn't allow a call there so my all-in was quickly called. I'm hoping Jim, the chipleader, went on to win last week after taking me out. He was playing a good game and is a nice guy. In our last two home events I have won and taken second respectivly so that is going well. Tonight is Idoru99's Fall Classic which is a home warm-up event for PSO'ers before the Canterbury Classic. This will be a tough game with some good players from out of town playing in addition to our already challenging home game regulars. I will probably play the $300 NLHE on Sunday at Canterbury as well as the $200 NLHE on Monday. I'll try and post my results.
Well, thats it for now! enjoy the update and once again I will try to post more often!
'bote
Vikings Stadium - build the dang thing! There been enough said everywhere else so I'm not going into some long post but just build the dang thing. hard not to start ranting about politics and the mindset in Minnesota but build the dang thing!!
Minnesota Vikings 1-3 Thank God its a bye week and we can't lose. We brought in two "consultants" which I think will be pointless. Its another sign that Tice can't stick to his plan. His ability to waver on his decisions sends the message to the team that he doesn't believe in what he is doing so niether do they. Injuries abound but this is the NFL and the Vikes have to deal with it. Udeze is gone for the season but I think Erasmus James will step up fine. He'll suffer some rookie problems but will do fine. Culpepper will come back to form eventually but how long it will take I do not know. I'm also one of the few people that would rather see Michael Bennet in there instead of Moore. Well, there's my quick summation of my thoughts so far. Check back when we win the division with a 8-8 record....
Poker - Well, my online game has been just ok. Making some better reads and good plays but not getting the results I want. That will turn around so I'm not concerned from that angle. What concerns me with my online play is that I seem to not care. I play a little more recklessly and I have to force myself to concentrate and play better. I see this mostly when I am playing at PSO so its no monetary loss but I don't want it to bleed over to my real money accounts. I think part of it is all the lessons and play I have done in the last year and I may be a little burned out on PSO. I have taken some mini-breaks but that seems to only help for a short while. I guess I should set some short term goals for PSO like winning a monthly league or something. That would give me something to shoot for. It will also help put my ego in check. Goals are a good thing. Goals not written down are just dreams though. Nice cliche huh?
My live game is working pretty good right now. I'm playin in the mnpokerleague (http://www.mnpokerleague.com) at Jimmy's Bar and am in the top 20% for our location right now. The scores for our location are screwed up as it is only showing 238 points for week 2 and I should have 268 or more from what I understand. Its also not showing points for week 4 for me. I shoudl have 71 there. Oh well, I bubbled the first week, won week 2, busted early week 3 and got into the money(points) on week four. I was playing good week four but my AK ran into a flopped set of fours on an A4x board when the chip leader bet out min and my stack couldn't allow a call there so my all-in was quickly called. I'm hoping Jim, the chipleader, went on to win last week after taking me out. He was playing a good game and is a nice guy. In our last two home events I have won and taken second respectivly so that is going well. Tonight is Idoru99's Fall Classic which is a home warm-up event for PSO'ers before the Canterbury Classic. This will be a tough game with some good players from out of town playing in addition to our already challenging home game regulars. I will probably play the $300 NLHE on Sunday at Canterbury as well as the $200 NLHE on Monday. I'll try and post my results.
Well, thats it for now! enjoy the update and once again I will try to post more often!
'bote


1 Comments:
A friend at my work is a Browns fan. Before the season, he made a bet with a Vikings fan that the Browns would win more games than the Vikes. At the time, I thought it was a horrible bet for my buddy, because, well, the Browns suck. I didn't realize how badly the Vikings would suck. I'm a little pissed off about it too, because I've got Culpepper as my fantasy QB. Do me a favor and get Daunte cracking, will you?
Post a Comment
<< Home