Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tueday Good enough?

Well, I missed yesterday but didn't have much to post. I was in Northern Wisconsin Friday night and Saturday then tailgating and going to the Vikings game on Sunday. So that equated to zero poker for me. Well, that's not entirely true. I won a small 5 person tournament at the cabin at deer camp. I was able to destroy three people new to the game and a weak/passive calling station. The CS and I got heads and he had a chip lead. I slowly whittled him down and won! Yeah, not much to brag about but I'll take it right now!

I played at Jimmy's last nigt for the Minnesota Poker Leauge . I can't say I played horrible but I'm pretty sure I didn't play good last night. Going into last night I was in second place, trailing by 8 points. I saw that the guy in first had busted and I had a great opportunity to take over first. I of course busted out without any points either. The person in third closed the gap and should be only 30 points behind me now. I guess next week I won't drink and try to play serious which is hard to do in this type or tourney. It will be hard to pass up the 2 for 1 happy hour special though! mmmmm, beer.....

I'm really looking forward to deer season as well. Less than two weeks now before the opener. My friend's Dad said he was going to have me sit in the Oaks again on the opener which is an excellent spot and where I shot my eight pointer last year. I'm glad but also want to sit in my stand as there is a scrape line leading back to my and my friends stand on the opposite side of the land. Within 30-40 yds of my stand there is a nice scrape and rub as well. I'm hoping that we don't drive that area opening weekend and that I can sit there Monday or Tuesday after opening weekend. This way the deer won't feel pressured and maybe I can get a look/shot at the deer that tore up that 8" diameter tree. I know there's a big boy back there and I just need to be in the right place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home