Thursday, January 05, 2006

Its' a new year

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you celebrate something else I hope that was good for you too.

I found out that in order for the mobile blog to work, you need some signal strength on your cell phone. In the middle of the woods I wasn't getting one so no mobile updates during the season. If I went and stood in the middle of this one field, then I got a signal but I wasn't going to stand in the middle of a field and try to type something!


My wife and I just closed on our first investment property. Check out http://www.nbfun.com . We bought a unit that is on the golf course. Our realty company didn't have anymore available on the water. There are some for sale but our company wasn't able to provide the same type of deal on them. Basically with no money down we got into this unit and already have 10% equity. Our unit is an upgraded 3rd floor unit overlooking hole 1. The first hole is a replica and/or designed after Pinehusrt Resort & Contry Club #2 course, hole 3. I don't know if I'm allowed to say that but there ya are. Half the holes on the golf course are replicas of different holes that some of you golf fanatics might enjoy. There is a lovley island green that is very similar to TPC Sawgrass as an example. We closed on the 23rd of December so that's one heck of a Christmas present! Hopefully this one works out well and all our future real estate investments!

Poker has been about the same. nothing spectacular to report. I've been making money lately playint 2/4 limit on Full Tilt. I usually take some of my winnings to play in the 16k gauranteed event they have instead of playing a satellite. The 16ks so far haven't gone great but I have a feeling these will pay off nicely. I've barely monied in a couple (made my buy-in +$12) but that's the extent of my success in those so far. Since I've only played a few so far I'm unconcerned.

I am starting up one on one lessons soon here for poker. Hopefully this can help me out and have some weaknesses poitned out. I know there is a lot of room for improvement. I'll never be a numbers guy in poker so I will have to be able to pay better attention to make the plays I need to.

Oh yeah, Vince Young looked awesome last night. No, I'm not a Texas fan, in fact I was rooting for USC but Young was unstoppable.

Congratulations to TheOSU for taking 2nd in the Full Tilt 60K!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home