Monday, June 12, 2006

Si Se Puede!

Mexico won it's first gaem in the World Cup on Sunday beating Iran 3-1. I actually watched this game. Since my wife is from Mexico she wanted to watch the match so being the good husband I am, I watched it with her. Watching soccer was slightly better than the alternative of doing some housework or chores. Iran kept the game tight but two quick goals by Mexico midway through the second half sealed the victory for Mexico. I'm going to give soccer a chance again. I've tried to watch the sport for the last two World Cups but I just can't get into it. Maybe it's because I don't know the game or the game's strategy enough. Maybe it's because there are so few scoring opportunities. Notice I didn't say lack of scoring? I love hockey and the scores are similar to what you will see in a soccer game. The difference is that there are more shots on goal and opportunities to score. It seems in soccer that there are so few chances to score and people standing around that it's a pretty boring spectator sport. But I'll give it a chance again as long as either Mexico or USA are still alive. The Wife told me I have to root for Mexico unless they are playing USA. My understanding is that Mexico is our biggest rival so I really don't think I should root for them. But to keep the peace at home and be nice to the wife, I will. So "Si Se Puede!!"

USA opens their play in the next couple of minutes with a tough match against Czech Republic. At least that's what they say on ESPN and in the TV coverage. For all I know the Czech Republic could suck hind end.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home