Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Full Tilt Double Stack


Ok, less than four hours sleep=suck. Winning $833 for a second place finish does not suck! The double stack tournament is a $10+1 on Full Tilt where you start with 3000 in chips instead of 1500. The only buy-in for this amount that I have seen is the 10+1. That doesn't mean that there aren't more, just that is all I have seen. I like this structure as it gives you more opportunities to play some speculative hands in comparison to the standard starting size. I started this tournament at 8 PM central. 5 hours later it was over sometime after 1 AM. Then between the caffeine and excitement, sleep was out of the question. Of course, I have to get up for work so I don't get to sleep in either. I got lucky early on when my ppQ ran into a flopped set of eights on a J high board. I ended up rivering a straight and that was the only time I had to get lucky. Playing gapped connectors rock btw. I raised from the CO-1 with 79h, the button called and the blinds fold. I flop the nut straight, check call since this guy is fairly aggressive. Turn comes a Q, I check raise all-in and he calls with his AQ. I believe he said something along the lines of "unreal". Although you can't see or hear people's disgust in online chat, I could swear I heard it this time! heh. I played a pretty solid tournament, once again not fantastic but not bad either. It was crazy at the final table. I was pretty card dead the entire time. Two people were busting folks out left and right though, making me more money as I moved up a spot or two every time. I was the short stack with 7 or so left and laughed to myself every time I moved up. Eventually it got down to the two player busters and myself. I was short 3 or 4:1 to the second stack. I was extremely happy when they got into it after a bit and one eventually busted the other, moving me from 3rd place money of 605 to at least second place money of 833. Heads up I was at a huge chip disadvantage. I pretty much pushed everytime, doubled up once, tried to bluff at an Ace high flop that didn't work and eventually busted with Q8 vs. A4 on a AQx flop. He didn't play it like he had an ace but thats ok, it was late and I needed chips. I possibly could have nickel and dimed this guy but with the time already invested and the huge stack discrepancy, I was more than satisfied with the outcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger siberianex said...

Nice Job Chris!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home