Patience
I played last night in the PSO $1800 added event last night to see how I was doing when not doing a lesson. Well, I played horribly. I was trying to do too much stuff early on. The reason for this is not that I have loosened up because of the lessons but because I was just way to impatient. I wasn't paying attention and not picking good spots. I don't know if it's because the event is for fake PSO money or what. I do know that my play was about as donktastic as it's been in a while. I refocused some and started picking better spots and rebuilt my stack somewhat. I ended up busting out with AQ losing to ATo when my foe hit his ten on the river. Oh well, that happens.
The key here is I need to figure out why I was unable to focus last night and why I was being impatient. It's not because I'm burnt out. At least I don't think I am. I still am enjoying playing and not really frustrated with bad beats, loose calls, suckouts etc. I really think part of it has to do with the fake money thing. I'm not a real patient guy to begin with so if I play one of these things in the wrong state of mind it can really affect my play. I didn't feel distracted when I signed up but five minutes into the event I could easily tell that I didn't really care what happened. I'm thinking there are two things that might help me focus. One is to try and win a banner and be concerned about my PSO ranking. This is difficult since doing lessons will usually prevent me from getting a banner and I don't play enough on PSO to qualify for most of the higher leagues. The second and probably key is pride. I have to take pride in my game and not do anything that will make me look like a donkey. Yeah there are going to be plays that some newer players won't understand but I also know that if I play my game, I can play very well. I also think the impatience had to do with my early bust at my home event. There's a lot more to this game than the mechanical side of it and I really need to work on my patience and attention. It's important that I try to stay focused and patient in these PSO events so that I don't develop any bad habits for real money games or special events on PSO. I'll be keeping an eye on this and hopefully come up with some exercise or ritual that will help me to start out focused or regain focus when it's lost.
The key here is I need to figure out why I was unable to focus last night and why I was being impatient. It's not because I'm burnt out. At least I don't think I am. I still am enjoying playing and not really frustrated with bad beats, loose calls, suckouts etc. I really think part of it has to do with the fake money thing. I'm not a real patient guy to begin with so if I play one of these things in the wrong state of mind it can really affect my play. I didn't feel distracted when I signed up but five minutes into the event I could easily tell that I didn't really care what happened. I'm thinking there are two things that might help me focus. One is to try and win a banner and be concerned about my PSO ranking. This is difficult since doing lessons will usually prevent me from getting a banner and I don't play enough on PSO to qualify for most of the higher leagues. The second and probably key is pride. I have to take pride in my game and not do anything that will make me look like a donkey. Yeah there are going to be plays that some newer players won't understand but I also know that if I play my game, I can play very well. I also think the impatience had to do with my early bust at my home event. There's a lot more to this game than the mechanical side of it and I really need to work on my patience and attention. It's important that I try to stay focused and patient in these PSO events so that I don't develop any bad habits for real money games or special events on PSO. I'll be keeping an eye on this and hopefully come up with some exercise or ritual that will help me to start out focused or regain focus when it's lost.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home